Thursday, April 30, 2009

gypsy's vanner's pacing

Today I am wrestling with what I call my four year syndrome. Every four  years I move. I never intend it that way, but it's worked that way ever since I can remember. Maybe because my parents were renters, as well, but every four years, I get the itch to pack up. Even if I'm only moving across the hall, or across town, I get restless. It's never worked to my advantage, generally speaking, and it never much helped my relationships, because if I wasn't moving belongings, well..I moved boyfriends..elsewhere :)

August will mark four years since Hurricane Katrina packed me up in a boat, and put me out of New Orleans, so I guess I'd better start making some decisions. I know it's only the start of May, (Happy May Day and Happy Beltane, by the way, but moving requires advance planning, and STAYING requires even more I suspect. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the same type of itch! I've been living with my current for almost 4 years now, and my itch usually happens at the 2 year mark. This is the longest I've lived anywhere!

    ReplyDelete